Saturday, June 20, 2015

NYX Cosmetics | "Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation"

With my recent fake tanning experience, I knew I would end up needing new face makeup. All my years of wearing makeup has been geared towards buying the lightest shades of anything and hoping it works. And once I would find a "holy grail" it became a staple. But now with my tan I know nothing about tan makeup and what would work. So I enlisted the help of my best friend and we went shopping, and I found this beauty!
I have sensitive, combination/oily skin, and I love me a matte finish. I also have rosacea, which makes finding a foundation that covers and blends well a little difficult. I typically have to get "full coverage". With my tan, it's a little bit less noticeable though. I got it in the shade #5 Light/Medium.
This stuff is pretty amazing. I applied it twice, two days in a row. The first time I used my fingers, and the second time I used a damp beauty sponge. Both ways were effective, and it blended like a dream!
The second day I applied the foundation, I put it on around 8:30 - 9:00 AM, and went out and about in hot, sunny weather. I even wore this while putting makeup on a client in a hot, stuffy bathroom. I didn't take the foundation off 'til I got home around 7:00 PM that night. It lasted really well throughout the day, and I only touched up once with an oil-blotting sheet. I did use primer and a setting spray that day though.

Some of my "Pro's" are:
* Medium to full coverage. Buildable.
* Easy to apply and blend.
* Doesn't look cakey.
* Semi-matte, natural looking (skinlike) finish.
* Long lasting.
* SUPER lightweight. Feels like your skin!

A couple "Con's":
* The color range isn't the best. 10 shades but they're all too similar.
*Squeeze tube dispenser. Super messy!
* Price vs. Amount you get.
I've had other foundations with better packaging for the same price or less, and you get more out of it.

All in all, it's an awesome foundation and I would recommend it to anyone that has oily skin, would like a full-coverage foundation without it feeling "heavy" on your skin, and last a good amount of time with little to no "melting".

Until next time,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment