Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Naked Smoky | Swatches & First Impression

~Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me...~

Hello, everybody! It was my 22nd birthday on Monday! (August 3rd) My mom got me the Naked Smoky palette as a present. I know I'm a little late to the game and there are loads of reviews and swatches out there, but I wanted to put this out there anyway.

One of the most satisfying thing about the packaging is the magnetic closure. It's a weird quirk I have. It's just satisfying to see and hear. This palette is GORGEOUS! The color range is perfect for versatile smoky eyes rather than the typical, plain black option. There are endless color combos from bronze to grays, taupes, and blackened shades. There are "...nine never-before-seen shades and three exclusives from past palettes." And for the first time in a Naked palette the brush is different! Rather than a blending side and a flat side to the brush, this time it has a tapered blending and a smudging brush. The palette also comes with a diagram with 4 different eye looks, and it tells you how to achieve the looks.

The texture of these eyeshadows are amazing. They're so smooth and buttery, and so pigmented! For me 2 of the 12 eyeshadows are almost like "nothing" shades because I have such fair skin, but those kinds of shades are perfect for blending out the darker, "harsher" shades. So without further ado, here are my swatches. (I fake tanned for my birthday weekend, so my skin isn't as pale as it normally is in these pictures.)

First four shades:
Second four shades:
Last four shades:

Now, as far as recommending this palette...I don't think I would tell beginners to go out and buy this. At least not until they had a little more experience. Smoky eyes aren't easy. They can come out looking like a racoon. But for a person with a bit of experience, and confidence, I would definitely recommend this palette!

I know Naked palettes are known for being expensive, they retail at $54. But if you were to divide 12 shadows into $54 it comes out as $4.50/eyeshadow. They're actually a decent value, and you'll have them around for a while.

Until next time,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment